Updated 13 April 2018
The Changing Room, Thames Lido, Napier Road, Reading
Above:Presentation and thanks to Brenda Tait who signed off after 22 years as Hon Treasurer
Some 40 members and guests attended the 2018 AGM. The meeting marked the departure from the committee of Brenda Tait who has served as Hon Treasurer for 22 years and also as the Treasurer for the Potts VC Memorial Trust. Penny Kemp was elected as the new Hon Treasurer. All other members of the committee were re-elected.
After the formal business Matthew Williams, Reading Museum Manager, gave a presentation about Reading’s Heritage and how it shapes the future entitled:
Back to the Future – Reading’s Heritage and Reading’s Future
Matthew Williams (Left) and Richard Bennett (Right) after Matthew’s talk to members.
Images Chris Widdows.
AGM Details of the meeting are below.
- Agenda. Click on; Agenda for AGM 2018
- Minutes of 2017 AGM. The Draft minutes are: AGM 2017 Draft Mintues
- AGM 2017 Matters arising.
- Chairman’s report. Report 2017 Chairman’s Report – 2017
- Sub-committees’ and officers’ reports. (see Chairman’s Report above)
- Hon. Treasurer’s statement of accounts. Accounts for 2017
- Election of officers and committee.
- Any other business.
The Draft Minutes for the meeting are now available: Draft Minutes 2018 meeting
We need volunteers to assist with various activities including; organising visits and events and to assist us to formulate responses to planning applications.
We meet every three months which is an opportunity for an update and to discuss policy, latest Planning issues and society outings. Much of the business is done by email. If you would like to assist in any way please contact the Chairman ( 0118 9598350), email; email@example.com or on the day.