Updated 23 October 2020
The planned AGM for 2020 had to be postponed due to the Conovirus.
It was held in September by email and post.
Agenda Also click on AGM 2020;
- Minutes of 2019 AGM. The Draft minutes are: AGM 2019 Draft Minutes
- Chairman’s report. Report 2020 Report includes; Statement of Account & Hon Treasurers report
- Hon. Treasurer’s statement of accounts (within the Chair’s report).
- Election of committee.3 New members and one departure: –
- Sean Duggan had decided to stand down. We send him our thanks for his work.
- During 2019 3 members were co-opted to the committee and stand for election; Terry Dixon, Stephen Snook and Richard Stainthorp.
- Other committee members are willing to continue:
- Chair – Richard Bennett, Hon Treasurer Penny Kemp, Sec Fiona Rycraft, Membership Alison Bennett, Others; Lynette Edwell, Amanda Martin, Clare Platts, Adam Sowan.
- Election of the Accounts Examiner. Paul Welch.
- Any other business.
As noted above the AGM was held by exchange of emails and letters to members in September.
Taking into votes submitted by post and email (in total 67) it was resolved at the committee to; agree the minutes for the AGM 2019, agree the Chairman’s Report, the Hon Treasurer’s report and the statement of accounts. The committee was elected as proposed, including 3 new members. Sean Duggan was thanked for his service to the Civic Society. Paul Welch was elected as Accounts Examiner for the year 2020-2021. There was no other business.
Please support the Committee
Sadly Sean Duggan decided to step down from the committee at the AGM. We are delighted that he wishes to continue to work with Civic Society members Katrina Parker and Dr Margaret Simons to update the St Mary’s / Castle Street Conservation Area Appraisal as part of the Conservation Area Advisory Committee’s (CAAC) activities.
We do need more committee members please, e.g. Secretary and people interested in Planning and events. Please do let the Chair know if you might be interested in joining the committee or indeed helping with our work in other ways. The Main committee meets approximately every 3 months. A Planning Sub-Committee has started to meet and reacts to planning applications and we meet with developers for Pre-Application discussions about their ideas and designs. Much of the business is done by email. If you would like to assist in any way please contact the Chairman ( 0118 9598350), email; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to images from the 2019 AGM with Anne Green Jessel taken by Chris Widdows is AGM Images